As much as we don’t like to admit it, sometimes…
You can never have too many tote bags. Tote bags are endlessly useful, they’re better for the environment than the outdated plastic bag and, best of all, you can re-use them again and again! Yet we often see the same old tote bags from the same old brands. So, what if you could design your own tote bag with custom colours, fonts, and images?
Most of us use tote bags every day; to carry groceries, as a beach-ready bag, or even as a gym bag! A high-quality tote bag is sturdy and can last for years. Yet, at the same time, you don’t need to worry about your tote bags getting dirty because you can easily chuck them in the washing machine and re-use them. Too easy!
So, without further ado, here’s how to design your own tote bag or gift your friends and family with a cute personalised tote bag of their own.
1. Pick Your Purpose
First off, decide who you will buy your personalised tote bag for. Custom tote bags make a great gift, as they’re unique and you’ll be guaranteed that your recipient will use their tote bag one way or another. You can apply a range of custom designs to the bag or upload one of your own. Adorn the bag with images of your loved one’s favourite pets, a family photo, or a photo of their favourite place.
If you want to design a tote bag for yourself, on the other hand, this is a great way to showcase your unique personality. You can create a personalised tote bag with a fun design or add one of your own images; whether that’s a photo of you and your significant other or an ode to your favourite furry best friend.
2. Choose Your Custom Tote Bag Style
So, you’ve decided to get a custom tote bag, but which style will you choose? Luckily, we have plenty of styles to choose from. You can either opt for a:
- Single Photo Tote Bag: Just got one image to use? Then opt for our single photo tote bag. Add an image on your bag; you can either double up with the same image or use a different image on either side of your bag.
- Photo Collage Tote Bag: Choose from a range of collage designs and add a collection of your favourite images!
- Themed Tote Bag: It’s easy to create a personalised tote bag when you’re working towards a theme. Our Themed Tote Bags make the perfect gifts. Choose from themes such as love, or tote bags for family members like Mum, Dad, or Nan and Pop!
3. Choose A Theme
By now, your tote bag is probably starting to shape up or, at the very least, you’ll have an idea of who it’s for and what kind of tote bag you’re looking for. At this point, if you don’t have one in mind already, you should select a general theme to tie your design together.
If you’re creating a collage, you can choose your theme on the basis of a certain topic, or you can just tie your images together using the same editing style. For instance, you can use all black-and-white images, or edit your images using a bright, white filter.
Otherwise, you can simply use the same theme. Themes we love include:
- Pets. Add images of all your pets or honour your best furry friend with a collage of images of photos just of them!
- Holiday photos. Got some awe-inspiring holiday photos to display? Show them off with a cute collage or choose just one spectacular image to display on your bag. Or, better yet, add an image of a place you’d like to travel to.
- Artistic styles. Why not get creative and choose an abstract design? Or try a contemporary style. We have (literally) millions of designs to choose from!
- Animals. Perhaps you don’t have a pet of your own but there’s a certain animal you love. Whether you or your loved ones have a love for sausage dogs, tigers, or something a little more unique, we’ve got endless animal designs to choose from, so take your pick!
Of course, there are so many more themes you could choose from. Failing those, you could just choose to collate your favourite photos of you and your loved ones – you can never go wrong there!
4. Upload Your Images
Once you’ve decided on your style and selected your favourite image or images, you’re ready to create your custom tote bag! Our easy-to-use order template will have you checking out in minutes.
Select your style and size, and then simply add your images! It’s that easy.
If you’re using your own images, make sure you’re using the highest resolution possible. If you can, select images that are clear and bright, as they will come up the best on your personalised tote bag. You can also add images directly from Facebook and Instagram – how easy is that?
After that, choose a background colour (if you wish) and simply follow the prompts to place your order.
We hope this guide has helped you see just how easy it is too design your own tote bag or create a custom tote bag for a loved one. If you’re looking for personalised tote bags in Australia, you’ve come to the right place. Start shopping now, or browse our enormous collection of designs here