It’s not too late! It may feel like Christmas is…
Red roses, chocolates, or a teddy bear make nice gifts, but they’re also not particularly thoughtful – unless your significant other happens to be a chocolate connoisseur! Coming up with thoughtful, personalised Valentine’s Day gifts can make all the difference, and score you major brownie points with your lover, friends or family. After all, why should celebrating Valentine’s Day only be about couples?
So, to help you out, we’ve curated our pick of the most unique and personalised Valentine’s Day gift ideas. That way, you can share the love and show just how much you care.
1. Photo mugs
For a small and affordable yet personalised Valentine’s Day gift, photo mugs are the perfect option. Our top ideas for photo mug gifts are:
- A photo mug with a photo collage containing an assortment of images of you and your loved one. For the best result, try to ensure the images were taken at the same time, or share a similar theme to maintain consistency
- A love-themed photo mug with personalised photos of the two of you
- A single photo mug with just one striking, memorable photo
- Instead of using photos of the two of you, you could choose a meaningful image from our range of millions of images, or select a love-themed print or image
- You could also use photos of a favourite pet, or of a meaningful trip you took together or a favourite place, whether that is a local beach, a spot by the water or a nearby attraction
2. Personalised wall art
Personalised wall art can make a lovely gift that will remind your loved one of you every time they see it. Wall art can instantly transform a space, turning boring bare walls into interesting works of art.
We’ve got a huge array of wall art options, but some of our top personalised Valentine’s Day gift ideas are:
- A piece of metal wall art depicting a beautiful landscape. Metal wall artworks well with highly detailed images. The aluminium picks up all the fine detail in photographs, so your print will be dripping in saturated colour, displaying in high definition scenes such as snow-capped mountains, the fine sand on pure white beaches, or the crisp early morning sun shining on rolling green hills. Choose one of your own images or browse from our vast selection; we have millions of images to choose from!
- A heart-shaped acrylic print. This is the perfect unique gift for your significant other. Using acrylic prints, you can immortalise your photographs. Our hard-wearing, durable acrylic will last for decades, with no wear and tear, and can be easily dusted or wiped clean with a wet cloth. The shape is perfect for couple photos and wedding photos. We also have a variety of shapes and sizes available to choose from.
- A photo collage with a selection of your favourite photos. Are you giving a gift to your long-time partner, friend or family member? If you have a large collection of images that you can piece together as a cohesive artwork, photo collages are a great gift option.
- Canvas prints can make a fantastic thoughtful gift and the best part is, they are so affordable! Our high-quality, wrapped canvas prints come fully-ready to hang and have a gallery-style look. All you need to do is select your size and shape, upload your favourite image and place your order. Choose a meaningful image of you and your loved one, a family photo, or an image of his or her favourite place. You could even select a design from our enormous catalogue of images according to what your Valentine likes; whether that’s a modern, edgy look, retro styles or scenes of nature.
3. Photo books
Personalised photo books are the perfect way to display your happy memories forever. Your loved one can store them on the shelf, display them on the coffee table or add them to the bookshelf to show visitors.
You can add images of you and your partner, pictures of a loved one’s favourite pets, or images from a memorable holiday. We offer themed photo books, such as wedding books and travel books, or create your own fully personalised photo book, in which you can personalise each page to suit the images you have, your theme and the style you desire.
4. Photo pillows
You can never have too many cushions! That’s why our photo cushions are such a thoughtful and unique Valentine’s Day present. Both practical and meaningful, photo pillows are a great way to display those happy memories while still serving a purpose. Photo cushions can act like miniature artworks to adorn your couch, bed, or chairs.
Whether you want to capture a meaningful moment and use photos from a wedding or special event, or just add a fun image of your loved one’s pets, cushions are a great way to show someone you care.
5. Photo blocks
Looking for a modern, chic alternative to traditional photo frames? Photo blocks are the answer. Available in a range of sizes, photo blocks allow you to personalise any block with an image of your choosing. You can also personalise your photo block in different colours and finishes during checkout. Once created, photo blocks can be readily styled in a range of spaces, such as:
- On a bedside table
- On floating shelving
- By the kitchen bench
- Style a collection of blocks on the mantlepiece
- On bookshelves
- On a desk at home
- In the workplace on a desktop or tabletop
6. Stubby holders
Our stubby holders are the perfect personalised Valentine’s Day gift for him. Help him keep his beverages cool on a hot summer’s day with a personalised stubby holder.
Add a single image of the two of you, create a photo collage with a selection of his favourite photos of you or your family, or create a themed stubby holder focused around love or family.
7. A wall display
For the ultimate personalised Valentine’s Day gift, a large-scale wall display or a split canvas print are fantastic options for your loved one. Wall displays usually consist of two or more separate prints which combine to create one overall piece. A wall display should be impactful, and make a lasting impression in the home. Ideally, it should be styled in a large space.
Split canvases, on the other hand, simply consist of one large, impactful image which is split into separate canvases which are styled next to each other on your walls to create a single artwork.
If you live in a small apartment, a large wall display or split canvas print may take over your walls, unless you have a large, suitable wall space in the living room for instance, or above your bed. The best wall displays should combine to tell a story and work as a cohesive piece, rather than simply adding random images together. For the best wall displays and split canvases, use our tips below:
- Use images from the same series, ideally taken at the same time, for example, wedding photos, family photos or photos of your loved one’s pets
- Aim to use images in the same tone which are edited in a similar way. For instance, don’t mix highly-saturated images with images that have dreamy, pastel hues, and avoid combining black and white images with coloured images
- Try to stick to a cohesive theme to hold your display together, for instance, wedding images, images of love or use the theme of a holiday you went on and mix up images of your location (for instance, the beach) with couple shots
- When creating a split canvas, be sure to check where the image splits. Ideally, you don’t want to split the image in the middle of a person’s face, or cut off an arm!
Personalised Valentine’s Day gifts are the perfect way to show you care and the best part is, they are surprisingly affordable and easy to create. Our easy-to-use templates ensure you can create photo gifts quickly and easily. Simply select your photo gifts, upload your high-quality images and place your order with plenty of time to spare.