Cart is empty
Canvas Factory Refund and Replacement Policy Australia
You have the right to ask for a replacement or refund under Australian Consumer Law for products and services bought on or after 1 January 2011.
You can ask us for a replacement or refund, but you are not always entitled to one. For example, the consumer guarantees do not apply if you got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.
Replacement and/or store credit
As our products are highly personalised and printed to order, we can only offer a replacement or store credit in the following circumstances:
- Manufacturing defect - replacement
- Item lost in transit - replacement
- Shipping damage - replacement
- Canvas Factory internal IT system error - store credit
- Canvas Factory Customer Service or designer error - store credit
A replacement or store credit must be requested within 30 days after delivery and will be issued in accordance with the above rules
Our prints very rarely suffer defects and are carefully packaged for shipping, however if yours does arrives a little worse for wear please email us a photo with a brief description of the issue and a replacement will be issued upon confirmation by our team.
Under Australian Law, Canvas Factory only have to offer a monetary refund if you experience a major problem.
What is a major problem?
A product or good has a major problem when:
- it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- it is unsafe
- it is significantly different from the sample or description
- it doesn’t do what the business said it would, or what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed.
Compensation for damages & loss
Under Australian Consumer Law, you may seek compensation for damages and losses you suffer due to a problem with a product if we could have reasonably foreseen the problem. This is in addition to your replacement or refund.
What is not covered?
Canvas Factory do not have to pay for damages or losses that:
- are not caused by our conduct, or our products
- relate to something independent of our business, after the goods leave our control
For example: your order is sent to our Printing Suppliers for printing and your order is delayed due to a printing issue, or the delivery of your order is delayed and the fault lies with the delivery company.